Edgware & Kingsbury

Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Premier Division North

Edgware & Kingsbury Football Club, nicknamed “The Wares,” is a non-league football club based in Kingsbury, London.

Established in 1970, they currently compete in the Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Premier Division North, which is part of the ninth tier of English football. The team calls Silver Jubilee Park their home ground.

History

Founded originally in 1939, initially competed in the Middlesex Senior League and then moved to the London League (Western Division) in the 1945-46 season, where they topped the table but lost in the play-off. They experienced success in the late 1940s, including winning the Middlesex Senior Cup in 1948. The club saw various league changes and faced relegation struggles in the 1960s, dropping to the Athenian League’s Division Two by the end of the decade. In the 1970s, the club was renamed Edgware and transitioned through different leagues, including the Athenian League, the London Spartan League, and the Isthmian League. They achieved notable success in the Spartan League in the late 1980s and early 1990s, including league titles and a promotion to the Isthmian League’s Division Two North.

The early 2000s were challenging for Edgware, with relegations and league reorganizations impacting their standing. In 2006, after the disbandment of Division Two, they were moved to the Spartan South Midlands League’s Premier Division, which they won, along with the Premier Cup and Challenge Trophy. Unfortunately, the club folded at the end of the 2007-08 season due to issues with their ground. However, in 2013, a committee including former club officials decided to reform the club. They secured a long lease for the Silver Jubilee Park Ground and were accepted into the Spartan South Midlands League in 2014. The club achieved promotion to the SSMFL Premier Division in the 2015/16 season, marking a significant turnaround.

Significant ground renovations were completed in July 2016 at the Silver Jubilee Park, enhancing the facility to accommodate up to 1,995 spectators, including five covered stands (two with seating) and the installation of new floodlights. The ground improvements, resulting in a C Grade rating, marked a new era for the club, underlining its resilience and commitment to growth and development in the non-league football scene.